Starting a cab/Taxi Company
Every cab/ taxi service company's mission is to provide reliable,
timely, and safe cab services to passengers with cost efficiency. With
latest equipment and technology trends , it is easy to penetrate into
the cab/taxi service market. But the challenge here is what makes you
different from others. One of the key thing is the company's products
and services should be innovative and easy-to-use that matches with the
ever-changing customer needs.
As a cab/ taxi company one thing to emphasize is the effective communication in the business. The company should realize that, in a competitive environment, flexibility and professionalism maintain that leading edge. The company should have drivers and employees that are helpful, courteous, and fully trained on the use of the computer dispatch system. As an added safety measure for both drivers and passengers, the Taxi cabs should be fitted with Global Positioning Systems (GPS), which enable the cabs to be tracked or located in an emergency. All the Cab/Taxi should be clean, well maintained, and inspected regularly for safety and comfort. The company's strategy should be to build reputation and market share by establishing business offering as a viable alternative to existing taxi cab services in the area. The company should also pursue a better marketing campaign and from that, company can penetrate at least 65% of the market share. Always the company's long-term goal should be to be the top rated ground transportation company in the targeted geography. The company's emphasis is to on the dispatch, mobile data, and
Business Model Overview
- Convenience. One of the advantage should be that the company's products and services should provide the driver and the customer with the convenience of a credit/debit card system that gives instant approval.
- State-of-the-art Call Center.The Company's call center should have a facility to provide a timely service by picking up the closest vehicle when a call comes in. When a call comes in, it is put into the system, the system sends a message to dispatcher, the system then tags the closest vehicle in the zone, neighbouring zone, on the way to the zone, or the dispatcher can call.
- Taxi Cab Services.The taxi driver is often the
first contact that a visitor has with the company and as such, the
company should realize the importance of first impressions and
customer care. The company's customer-oriented philosophy and its
commitment to service are reflected in the careful selection of
drivers and the comprehensive training program. Customers can expect
the following high standards when they travel with City Taxi:
- Clean and tidy taxis
- Friendly and polite drivers
- Driver code and name tag pinnedd on the uniform of the driver
- Careful driving
- Most practical route taken
- Fast Maintenance/Repair Services
- GLOBAL POSITIONING SYSTEMS. Nowadays GPS is
widely used in road transport vehicles and has become mandate among
Taxi/Cabs companies. Global Positioning System (GPS) can pinpoint
location of each taxi/cab.
Benefits of GPS System
- Helps dispatch centre to locate the vehicle easily and assign the pickup task
- Helps customer to know the location of the approaching vehicle and estimated time of arrival
- RADIO SYSTEM Reliable communications are essential under all circumstances. Cab/Taxi should have a system that can provides multiple levels of reliability for assuring communications is maintained under the most rigorous condition.
- CREDIT/DEBIT CARD SYSTEM. Your Cab/Taxi will have to use the in-car credit/debit card system, which is a new market segment for the small taxi industry but common in large taxi in India. This involves customers using their debit cards in any Taxi/cab with approval being given instantly, eliminating the need to dial in to head office for approval numbers. By using this system, the company will be addressing the need for convenience and reliability. Taxi/cab's products and services should offer convenience. The keypad and swipe machine should be built in a location giving the customer privacy as well as convenience.
- CUSTOMER RELATION The company should be providing facility for the customers to send feedback, raise complaints and give suggestions for improving the services.
Marketing Strategy/Targeted MarketThe company should have a clear picture of the targeted market. When the opportunities comes from a different direction, the company should be mentally prepared to address the requirement and change the model.
- Customer Buying Criteria The following are the
some of the main criteria why the customers choose a cab/taxi company
- Performance. We work with one goal in mind: to get customers where they want to go, when they want to go, promptly, efficiently, comfortably, and safely.
- Superior Service. Timely pick up, private usage, and customer care.
- Quality. This involves providing courteous service in clean, well-maintained cars.
- Convenience. This involves the credit/debit card feature.
- Marketing Strategy Company should markets its
products and services as solutions to transportation needs in the
targeted market space . Direct mailings and television advertising can be
a marketing channel. These channels ensure that
target customers are reached repeatedly and effectively. The company
should monitor its market position through constant tracking by partnering with associates.
The following are some of the marketing ways to get more customers.
- Trade shows: This is the space to get customers where they want to go, when they want to go, promptly, efficiently, comfortably, and safely.
- Print advertising and article publishing: Timely pick up, private usage, and customer care.
- Direct Marketing: This involves providing courteous service in clean, well-maintained cars.
- Social media: Facebook, twitter, linked-in etc are the some of the social media platforms